6.03.2010

Lady Gaga: Big Hats Keep The Devil Away

Lady Gaga

It’s no surprise that this innovative pop singer has requested an internship given her fashion statements. She’d like to intern with one of the legendary hat designer, Philip Treacy!


With her world tour still on going, the Poker Face hitmaker, Lady Gaga, has already inspired a lot of us to go out of their shells when it comes to fashion. Although, some of us may still think it is weird and all that, she is no doubt one of the most powerful influences in today's generation.

Lady Gaga


The fashion has also undergone a distinct metamorphosis. Out are the disco ball bustiers and Madonna homages, in are the hair suits and Scarlett O' Hara rip-off's.

Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga wants everyone to describe 'Fashion' into another Gaga level. Lady Gaga wants to launch her own collection of hats with the famous designer, Phillip Treacy. A source close to the singer said:
"Lady Gaga is excited about the idea. Philip agreed to give a post when they met last February at the Brits. She hopes that it may be this summer, is totally excited about this new project,"

Lady Gaga

Despite of Lady Gaga's reputation and influence in the industry, the world may not be as ready as her. The designer wants to do business as long as it will be as worthy as it gets.

Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga also admitted why she likes to wear big hats. The pop-singer spilled the beans over a two-hour exclusive chat with a fashion site. She claims that the reason why she wears so many big hats is because they protect her from bad things.

When asked about why she loves wearing designer hats by Phillip Treacy:
"It is a nice barrier. The bigger the better. The more interesting and outrageous the better.

"For me, it keeps the devil away. I always like when I have a hat that's big enough to keep people away at pretentious parties. It's protection.

"It's a sense of home away from home.

"But what I like about a Philip Treacy hat is that they're l ike nobody else's. They protect me in a different way, a social canopy. I love Stephen Jones too."

Lady Gaga

The singer also revealed she doesn't have an "onstage persona" - what you see is what you get. She said:
"The biggest misconception about me is that I'm a character. Or Gaga is separate from Stephanie.

"We are one and the same, there is no difference. I am exactly who I say I am, and exactly who you say I am."

Lady Gaga

She added:
"Everything happened so quickly for me. Suddenly the whole world is watching you and you just want to put a giant hat on to protect yourself."
Lady Gaga, who previewed her new video for single Alejandro in the US last night, also says she plans no more collaborations for the time being - after her duet with Beyonce on Telephone. She said:
"At this moment, I don't want to do any collaborations, especially contemporary ones. I want to stand on my own two feet.

"My new album is my chance to create what in 20 years will be seen as my iconic moment. That 's what you should always aim at."

Telephone Music Video - Lady Gaga and Beyonce Knowles


No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE: Please DO NOT SPAM Celebrity Style Trends Fashion Blog. This blog moderates comments before posted, if comments posted are found inappropriate or spammy it will be deleted.