5.31.2010

Leighton Meester - Gossip Girl's Fashionista


Who wouldn't know Blair Waldorf, the very first Queen B in Gossip Girl? Who also sang and featured in the Cobra Starship MV of "Good Girls Gone Bad"? Leighton Marissa Meester, one of the most promising american actresses, singer-songwriter and fashion model is our top fashionista for the week.



Leighton Meester's Filmography



Leighton Meester started to land guest roles in other TV series such as Crossing Jordan, 7th Heaven, Veronica Mars, 24, and Entourage. In 1999, after her television debut playing Alyssa Turner in Law and Order.



Meester appeared as a guest in two more series before landing her big role in the movie Hangman's Curse, based on the best-selling book by Frank Peretti. Meester also appeared in Tarzan, which ran for only eight episodes.



She also guest appeared in Numb3rs and in two episodes of House M.D. as Ali, a young girl who has a crush on House. In 2005, Meester began a regular role in the series Surface as Savannah Bennet. Meester appeared in two more 2006 movies, Flourish and Inside.


Meester was cast in CW's Gossip Girl as Blair Waldorf after guest roles on CSI: Miami, Shark, and playing the female lead in the horror film Drive-Thru. The show is based on the book series by Cecily von Ziegesar about the lives of New York's privileged Upper East Side young adults. Her performance has been met with critical acclaim.



In 2007 Meester appeared on the television film The Haunting of Sorority Row, and played a part in the ensemble comedy-drama Remember the Daze. She also appeared in the horror-thriller film Killer Movie in 2008.


Meester had a small role in the comedy Date Night, alongside Steve Carell and Tina Fey. She plays Rebecca in the upcoming thriller The Roommate, set for February 4, 2011. It was announced that Meester will star in aThe Uncatchable Cowgirl Bandits of Nottingham, Texas, alongside Pineapple Express and Remember The Daze co-star Amber Heard.


She was also cast in Screen Gems's upcoming drama Love Don't Let Me Down, next to Gwyneth Paltrow, Tim McGraw and Garrett Hedlund. Meester will star in indie dramatic comedy The Oranges opposite Hugh Laurie, with Catherine Keener also set to appear.
She will also star next to Selena Gomez and Katie Cassidy in young femme comedy Monte Carlo, loosely based on Jules Bass's young-adult book Headhunters.


Leighton Meester only proves that she is one very talented actress and because of her charm and wit awarded her with Teen Choice Award's Choice TV Actress Drama for Gossip Girl. She is also featured in Maxim's Hot 100 Women consequtively starting 2008.


Leighton Meester on Music

Hot off the release of her new single, ‘Your Love’s a Drug,’ Meester spoke with PopEater about her musical passions, why she looked to Carrie Underwood for inspiration and how the real Leighton is on display in every song she writes.

So will people get more of a sense of you through this album?
Yeah, I think so. It’s a mixture of the past four or five years of my life. The songs I’ve released so far, I’m really pleased with people’s response. They definitely reflect who I am as a person and an artist. I can appreciate all different kinds of music, but I’m having a good time making essentially pop dance music. And lyrically, since I’ve written everything, people can see a window into me and how I feel about certain things.

In writing the songs for the album was there anything you discovered about yourself that maybe surprised you?
I’ve had raw acoustic songs, pop ballads, piano ballads, super-electro very Euro-sounding … I’ve done rapping, I’ve worked with other artists, so I’ve done the full gamut and been able to discover what I really love. I’ve discovered different things about how I’ve changed over the years and this is why I like to write. If you’re a writer, as you go through something, like if you’re in love or if you’re in a relationship, you have to write it, because you’re not gonna feel that way forever. Feelings change and eventually you don’t feel that way anymore. And so it’s good to write it down and make it into something because it captures that moment so perfectly and that feeling. I’ve written a couple of songs about real things in my life, real heartache. I don’t feel that way now, but when I look back I’m like, “Oh wow, I really remember that,” and that puts it in perspective so well.

So the album gives some definite insight into your views on relationships.
All of my songs do represent at least a snapshot of what was going on in my life at the time that I wrote it.

I’ve heard ‘Your Love’s A Drug,’ and it’s such a fun, catchy song — one of those tunes you can’t get out of your head all day.
Good, thank you. Recently, I’ve been working with this band who have taken a lot of my music, especially some of the really poppy stuff, and made them very bluegrass-y. When they perform they’re electric, but they do really beautiful acoustic songs and they recomposed a bunch of my music so I’ve been playing and performing with them lately. They’re called A Check in the Dark.

Which style do you prefer doing live — the slowed-down Check In The Dark stuff or the dance-pop?
That’s actually a really tough question … I don’t know. My last show with A Check in the Dark was really impromptu and turned out beautifully. I think I’m going to be kind of addicted to that style of performance from now on. But I do love going and performing at big clubs — what we’ve done so far, which is working with the original tracks that I’ve been doing and dancing.

But you have been doing clubs?
Yeah, I’ve gone to Vegas a couple of times and we’ve performed in Miami, a few songs, smaller sets, at stadium shows. I usually have a DJ, a keyboardist, a drummer and two dancers, so it’s like a band. My songs are very club friendly, so I really like performing them in a club, and I just want to get to the point where everyone is dancing their asses off when we’re performing ’cause a lot of times they’re like, “Oh, there she is. Let me take a picture.” I want them to get drunk and have their groove on.

What songs get you dancing your ass off?
I really like that song by Young Joc, ‘It’s Going Down.’ I like ‘TiK ToK,’ I like the Black Eyed Peas a lot, ‘I Gotta Feeling,’ stuff like that, about how you’re popping bottles and you don’t have to worry about tomorrow.

Who else have you worked with on the album?
I’ve worked very closely, pretty much on every song, with Shahine Ezell and the other producers that I’ve worked with — Kenna, Stuart Price, Mike Caren, Paul Oakenfold. I wrote two songs with Kara DioGuardi. I also wrote with Jupiter Rising, who’s really awesome, a guy named K.O., who’s an incredible producer and songwriter. I did a song with Toby Gad. I’ve done a couple of songs with the Writing Camp, and I’ve written a couple of songs with a girl named Bonnie McKee.

You’ve got a film coming up, ‘Love Don’t Let Me Down,’ that has a lot going on musically.
The music for ‘Love Don’t Let Me Down,’ oh my god, it’s so good. It’s country music, and Gwyneth Paltrow’s material is more traditional country, really big music — it’s amazing. She sounds beautiful. My music in the movie is a little bit more current, very pop. I have a couple of songs that I feel like are really good in there.

Were there any country singers you looked to as role models or for inspiration?
I worked very closely with Nathan Chapman, he produced all the songs. He’s a teenage girl trapped in a man’s body, so we ended up doing a song together, a country song, which was a new experience, but it was really addictive and he’s incredible — the music we made together is amazing, very beautiful. But there are a couple of more poppy songs that we did that could easily cross over, and he worked with Taylor Swift and Jewel. Somebody else that I really looked to for the movie, especially for performance, was Carrie Underwood.

Leighton Meester on being Fashionista


Just because Gossip Girl is on hiatus, doesn't mean Leighton Meester is on a break from high fashion. The Gossip Girl star was recently spotted in a Stewart and Brown Faye Silky Vest. All of Stewart and Brown's clothing is made of natural fibers, like organic cotton, tencel gauze, hemp silk charmeuse, hemp jersey, linen, and fine Mongolian cashmere.

"It changes almost daily. I kinda am eclectic in my taste and I really like a little bit of everything. I go through phases, so sometimes I'll be really just relaxed and casual." as she described her style like a Chameleon, "Pretty much whatever's comfortable is the best choice for me." she added.

Leighton Meester's Preffered Fashion Labels


When I asked her to name her favorite designer she said: "There's so many. Right now I'm loving Ferragamo for bags and shoes, I love Zac Posen, Marc Jacobs, Nanette Lepore, Diane von Furstenberg, and Julie Haas." She couldn't name just one label because Leighton said she loves "different brands for different occasions."


> More Leighton Meester Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE: Please DO NOT SPAM Celebrity Style Trends Fashion Blog. This blog moderates comments before posted, if comments posted are found inappropriate or spammy it will be deleted.